Accidents Happen—Let Us Help
Eye injuries or trauma to the eye area can be stressful and frightening. Your eyesight is precious, and anything that might put it at risk needs to be dealt with immediately.
When an accident occurs, call our office right away. We will assess your situation and recommend next steps. We provide emergency care in office, or if your emergency occurs after hours, you should proceed to your nearest hospital.Book Appointment
Symptoms That Might Mean an Eye Emergency
While most eye emergencies involve noticeable symptoms or trauma, other eye emergencies are not as obvious. Any sudden changes to your vision should be considered an eye care emergency.
Sudden onset of any of the following symptoms may also indicate an emergency:
- Burning or stinging
- Pupils that differ in size
- Bulging eyes
- Severe eye pain
- Double vision
- Redness or severe itching
- Bruising or bleeding
- Sudden headache
- Discharge from the eye
- Eyes not moving together
Call our office immediately should you experience any of these issues.
Eye Emergency Do’s & Don’ts
Eye emergencies can happen anywhere, whether you're at work, home, athletic events, or just hanging out. But you can make a difference by acting quickly and appropriately. Following first aid steps and contacting emergency care right away can lead to a positive outcome.
If you or a loved one experience an eye emergency, here are some do’s and don’ts to guide you:
- Do flush your eye with cold water in the event of chemical contact.
- Do clean your hands before touching your eye.
- Do lightly cover the eye without applying pressure.
- Do seek immediate medical attention.
- Don’t use tools anywhere near the eye area.
- Don’t rub the eye or apply pressure of any kind.
- Don’t try to remove any large foreign objects.
- Don’t apply any medications, drops, or ointments.
- Don’t remove contact lenses (except in the case of a chemical splash).
Where to Find Us
We are conveniently located off Massachusetts Ave, just a short walk east from the Minuteman Statue. Look for our shared entrance with Gordon Optical.
- 47 Waltham Street
- Lexington, MA 02421
Hours of Operation
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
*Closed for lunch hour Tuesday through Friday, 1:00 – 2:00 PM